Saturday, February 13, 2010

SNOW AND THE SOUTH

OK, I will be honest, when it comes to snow I look down on those from the south who close shops, business, and other things when the word snowfall is mentioned for the Grand Strand. In North Myrtle Beach, we received some downfall overnight-about 9:00 to the mid morning, accumulating 3 inches. I woke up to a beautiful landscape, ice-covered trees, a few snowmen, and CLEAR ROADS. When I heard that they cancelled the Marathon I thought--you have got to be kidding. I could understand delaying it-but not a total shut down. Many people have trained hours and hours for this event. Not to mention the sponsors and friends and family that have supported them. What about the tourists and tourism money this event would give to our city-already crippled by a devestatingly slow economy. I don't know-educate me, was this a foolish decision or not?

1 comment:

  1. Yep. I think it could have been postponed. But to cancel it? I wonder if it was a city insurance thing in case anyone slipped?

    ReplyDelete